Friday 29 January 2010

TruFit


Well, here I am, once again with my leg in a brace following knee surgery. It seems to have been the story of my last year or so - but hopefully this will be the final op for some time. For those of you who might want technical details, I've had osteochondral grafting to my left kneecap - or 'Trufit' (which more accurately decribes the scaffolding type substance that has been hammered into the bone to fill the hole in my kneecap). It really is a very painful op - this I know because it's the same one I had back in August on my right knee. But it's done now and things, as they say, can only get better.
Or at least they will once things get a bit easier with the terrorist called a physio!!! She is a really lovely lady but oh my goodness does she know how to inflict pain.
Still, tis true what they say - no pain, no gain.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your knee trouble as well! Hope it all soon heals up and the brace can come off. Thank you for your good wishes, may you soon be running around!
    Eric.

    ReplyDelete