Saturday 2 January 2010

Welcome 2010


Happy New Year! Well, let's hope it is anyway! 2009 wasn't my favourite year with far too much sadness and too many physical aches, pains and restraints for my liking.
I'm not really one for making resolutions because I believe they put pressure on me that I really don't need or want and, in any case, who needs a new year to change a habit, routine or attitude that wasn't particularly healthy in the first place?
But, all in all, things look far brighter now than they did 12 months ago. I still have no idea where God would have me or what, specifically, He would have me doing, but I do know that He only has my best interests at heart and that His timing is ALWAYS perfect.
In about 3 weeks I'll be undergoing another horrible knee operation which I know is going to be painful and leave me pretty immobilised for a while, but I know in the longrun it is for the best and I will look back and be very grateful for the skill and patience of the surgeon and physio as they nurse me back to some kind of fitness.

I am blessed because I trust in the Lord - my confidence is in Him
I am like a tree planted by the water and sends out roots by the stream
I will not fear when the heat comes and my leaves are always green
I have no worries in this year of drought and will never fail to bear fruit.......

Thank you my Lord and Saviour

No comments:

Post a Comment