Monday 11 January 2010

Normality.........whatever that is!

And so today we have returned to a kind of normality following some of the coldest, snowiest weather I can ever remember - certainly since living down here in the sunny south-east anyway. School was all over the place last week which meant, of course, the girls were all over the place. And I was basically trapped indoors. I really hate driving in snow and ice at the best of times and my car is completely rubbish in it all too - being rear wheel drive and having quite wide tyres. They might look kind-of cool but on a practical level score about 1/10!
I am also a bit wimpish about going out in this weather too as I am scared of slipping - especially with my dodgy old knees and particularly because I have been advised to do everything I can to avoid causing inflammation/swelling before my next op which is in 2 weeks time.
Hmmm......big op = leg brace for 6/8 weeks = immobilisation = little bit anxious!
But I have to keep giving myself a reality check. I'm not ill - just in a bit of pain and in the big scheme of things it's nothing. There are many, many more far worse off and I know that God will be my peace and strength through it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment