Friday 1 October 2010

Thankful


Thankful.....I am so thankful for this new season of life. Every day now as I drive to work, I spend some time with Father in the relative peace and quiet of my car and every day my heart is overflowing with gratitude for where I am/we are as a family right now. Don't get me wrong - not everything is perfect by any stretch....there are challenges as the rhythm has shifted for each one of us - but the thing that is so striking to me at the moment is God's amazing faithfulness in keeping His promise - even when life sucks and we feel like we're in the mud and mire.

This time last year I was struggling - mainly because of my physical limitations - but all the way through, Father's promise to me was to hold strong because the drought would be over in time - His time.

And indeed it did end. And even today, after such a busy, busy, busy week, a pretty revolting trolley dash round Tesco and even more revolting weather, I am soooooo thankful. I absolutely love my job. I absolutely love Paul and the girls. I absolutely love Jesus.

Thank you Father for such blessing. Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise.

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment