Thursday 15 April 2010

Knee news

It's been some time since I updated with news of my poor old knees.
I am now about 11 weeks post op and things are going really well - brilliantly in fact. The brace came off at only 4 weeks (compared to the 6 or 7 weeks last time) and full range of movement with both flexion and extension was achieved after a matter of weeks. Miraculous, to be honest. Even the consultant was scratching his head at one point, not quite understanding why I wasn't in more pain and struggling with movement.
The physio is still hard work - but I have to push myself - it's better in the long run and can only aid recovery.
There are occasional days when I feel as if I've been shot in the back of the leg - sudden, sharp pain - but fortunately the good days outweigh the bad ones.
I am so thankful for the skill of the surgeon, the patience, skill and care of the physio and for all those who have upheld me (and continue to uphold me) in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment